Farm Hand/ Apprentice – Warraboon Farms
Cooriemungle, various positions
A rare opportunity to work and learn with the best.
If you have always wanted the opportunity to work in the agriculture industry and build a career in farming, whether it be studying a Certificate in Agriculture, or advancing your career into a more senior role, then we have the perfect opportunities available for you with Warraboon Farms.
Currently, we have a number of positions available. If you are looking to start your career in the dairy industry and would like to start with one of the most up-to-date computerised dairies in the business, or if you are looking to advance your career and continue studying, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Warraboon Farms, based in Cooriemungle, is a 377ha farm. Milking 480 cows in a 50 bail rotary dairy with computer ID, flow meters, and cell sense. You will be working a 4 and 2 roster sharing all roles involved in everyday farm duties.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Milk harvesting;
- All animal husbandry;
- Feed delivery;
- Pasture production and cropping;
- Plant and equipment maintenance; and
- Other general farm duties.
Key Selection Criteria
- Exceptional organisation, communication and time management skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work as part of a team, and also work unsupervised;
- Basic computer skills, understanding of Excel and Google sheets;
- Reliable and committed work ethic;
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve; and
- Manual Drivers Licence.
All enquires should be directed to Ben Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0418 177 886.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 15 February 2019