The Workforce Training Innovation Fund, Prep4Work program is a State Government initiative which gives funding to partnerships between industry and training providers. The partnerships must deliver innovative strategies that:
- improve training outcomes
- increase the relevance of training to their industry
The fund will improve the flexibility and responsiveness of the training and TAFE system to strengthen the relevance of training to industry and workforce needs; ensuring students develop the high-quality skills that are crucial to industry.
The objectives of the WTIF are:
- Improving the flexibility and responsiveness of the training and TAFE system in meeting industry skill-needs and business training requirements
- Encouraging greater industry and employer partnerships with training providers and participation in workforce training and skill development
- Contributing to broader economic productivity gains in future growth sectors, and/or workforce skill improvements
- Supporting industry or business productivity improvement through training and TAFE system involvement in industry-based applied research.